Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ok, time for me to blog. Yesterday I didn't blog cause I only reached home at 9.30pm and I was already shag like crazy. Course ended at 5.30pm lah, but I went for a free Singapore Flyers ride. The truth is, I will not pay to go for this ride. It is really damn boring lah, 30 minutes going 1 round. I just go for the experience lah, at least I can tell people I go b4. LOL.

Day 5 of C/Offr Course :

It was the most tiring day of the 5 days man. In the morning, we had a briefing in the theatrette on the equipments and safety of the adventure training facilities. My first station was Paintball. Everything was fun about it, expect the gears that we put on. They stink to the core man. Don't know how many people wear before one, and all most of the are wet. Imagine, wet and it stink. Wah, really can kill man.

The second station I went to was the High Element or in short, High E. This is really to conquer my fear of hights lor. Now thinking about it, I still got the scared feeling inside me. I had to do belaying first, try out. Then it was my turn to climb. I gather up my courage and start climbing. To the top, I was really scared lah. I kept on asking the belayer to tighten my rope cause I feel like there was nothing pulling me. The bridge that I was walking on, was damn shaky lah. When I reached the centre, it was slanted to one side. And because of that, i almost fell. We were just supposed to experience the elements, so the stop point was the halfway mark. Lucky man. Haha.

One shot everything together. I went to the Flying Fox station next. That one really put me to the test lah. I saw quite a number of them before me that was stuck up there and refuse to jump. In my heart, I was think, will I be like them? Luckily, after all my harness check, I went up. The instructer there was joking around and that lightens me up. I just hooked on, sit at the edge. I was really scared at that time, didn't want to go. But I promise the instructer that I will just jump. And indeed, I just jump. My heart almost flew out can. The starting feel was like jumping off the building without anything. Then after that flying up again. Haha. It was fun lah. Actually, I don't mind trying again. Maybe next time when I come back bah.

After packing up everything for the past activities. We had to go through the Motivational Obstacle Course (MOC). I have already been through it as a cadet lah, now is to learn how to conduct it. But still, we had to try everyone of them. Most of them I had no problem clearing lah, excpet the rope thing. Asking up to climb up the rope and touch the top. That one I really got no strength to do it. I see people do like so easy but when it came to my turn, I was struggling like mad. Cleared the rest of it with ease lah, nothing much.

Finally, lunch time!! But the food suck. HQ food is always like that. The rice was like for cat to eat? So little. Then the dishes weren't very appertising also. I didn't care about it so much, just ate everything as I was damn hungry after the first half a day of activities liao.

After lunch, we moved back to our bunks to rest and carry on with our next activity. For my group, we were doing rock wall first. Basically, this was easy lah. At least, I start from the bottom which I will not be so scared. On my first attempt, i missed my step and fell. I smack my back against the wall lor. But i'm ok lah. Then I requested to try again. The second time, I cleared 3/4 of the wall, so still not bad lah. The wall is 4 storey high lah, so I managed to reach about 3 storey.

We moved on to archery after that. Didn't need much explaination lah. Most of us have done it before and for me, I have done it in HQ and also in school before. Just shoot as per normal, got a few chance to do again lah but I didn't want. Lazy to do lah, the sun was so hot some more.

Moved back to the repelling wall to do repelling. This one, I was really scared. After trying out the dry run station, I went up to the actual thing. I think I was the third person. When I was going down, I didn't even dare to look down lah. I just kept on releasing my rope and walking down. At one point, I almost let go of my hand can. While sliding, the rope cause my hand to hurt lor. But I still managed to endure all the way till the bottom. First time in my life, I completed a repelling. Great accomplishment for me. Haha.

Althought we still had one station left, that is the Low E. But dure to lack of instructers around, we cancelled it. I also don't want to do that one lah, damn boring. All the teamwork stuff to do there.

Fianlly, after the repelling, it was time to go home. We were scolded by our PC in our bunk. I think whatever he said was true. We slacked too much already. As CLTs-to-be, we should have a higher standard of things done than what we are doing now. From next week onwards, I think they will start to go down very harsh on us already. No more honeymoon week. LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home